The all-original 15 song CD is on its way!!!! Off to production, then we will be figuring out the promotion, radio spots, and all that good stuff. To tide you over, here is a rough draft of the album back cover.
Get ready! Keep an eye out for my album!
I have been very busy this summer. Lots of shows! I am also teaching ukulele at the Boys and Girls Club. I want to say thank you to all of the people who donated ukuleles for these kids. They are all amazing kids and they have a TON of energy. I thought I had a lot of energy! A lot of them are fast learners too. They have been picking up the things I have taught them very quickly.
On another note, I have slowly been learning audio engineering. I am aiming to become an audio engineer, so I am trying to learn as much as I can now. My online school offers an audio engineering class, and I am taking it for my junior year! So far, I have finished recording one song that I hope to have out soon. It is very different from what I normally write… just warning y’all. Joe put down some sick beats on it too!
My food of the week:
I wasn’t too sure how to prepare butternut squash… But I figured you cannot go wrong with sautéing!
When you are looking for a nice filling side for dinner or lunch; this is perfect!
Sautéed Butternut Squash
You will need:
1 Butternut Squash
Salt (preferably pink Himalayan)
1. Peel the hard outside of the butternut squash with a vegetable peeler
2. Cut the ends of the squash off
3. Cut the squash into small cubes (dice sized)
4. Put 2 to 3 large spoonfuls of coconut oil in your pan and heat the pan up
5. Put the squash in the pan and put the spices (onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, parsley, thyme, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper) on the squash (put as much spice as you want, just know that cayenne pepper is quite strong)
6. Stir the squash cubes frequently and have the heat medium to high
7. The squash will be finished when it is soft and you can easily cut a few pieces in half with your spatula
And BAM! The perfect side to any dish!
Recently, I got to see The Weeknd in concert. It was one of the best concerts I have ever seen! There was so much energy on and off stage. I got to go with two of my great friends and my mom. It was an amazing birthday present (thanks mom and dad!)
Here are the songs I am listening to:
1. What You Need by Baynk
2. No Matter What by Little Monarch
3. True Colors by The Weeknd
4. XO TOUR LIF3 by Lil Uzi Vert
5. Mercy, Mercy by Don Covay